After unraveling the sweater, I made the world’s biggest hank of yarn, which was fun putting on my head and pretending it was a giant braid.
I soaked the wool in vinegar water, and then put it into the kettle.
I did one end with yellow, the whole thing with the chartreuse, and the other end with emerald since I wanted the color to have some richness and range to it.
After dying, I rinsed my yarn and let it dry. I had to do quite a bit of rinsing before it stopped bleeding color.
I also had some balls of a repurposed blue wool, that I dyed in the ball. I was trying to get an effect where the wool transitions from green on one end of the string, to blue at the other.
After a couple days of wool drying all over my house, here is the finished product. I’m really happy with the acid dye, it looks good and I’ll use it again.
now I just need a project for this yarn……